Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Shoes

Omigod SHOES! I seriously love shoes. They are probably the one clothing item that I really crave and have a hard time resisting. Cardigans may be up there but you can find cheap shoes easier than nice, cheap cardigans. Ross, Goodwill, Target. I could write some epic love poems to the shoe aisles of these stores. They would be full of metaphors and lyrical alliteration. Spring has arrived and with it so has my lust for a new pair of sandals. You see the problem is, I need comfortable sandals. I need sandals I can wander the city in. I live on a hill and one does not drive in the city unless one intends to pay $20 in parking daily. So I need sandals I can walk around in without removing layers of skin with every step. Comfort aside I created this...ummm...I'll call it an inspiration board on Polyvore.



I decided to go for it and I went out to Ross. I figured I'd see what they had. I knew this was a "want" not a "need" because I could live in sneakers. Not happily but I could do it. So I said I wouldn't spend more than $15. This is what I ended up with:



I'm not going to lie, I was scared. Those thin straps? But they're so versatile. They can be dressed up and dressed down. They're flat but still stylish. I figured I'd wear them to work today since I wasn't called until later. Half a day. Less pressure. I packed another pair just in case. Let me tell you, they passed with flying colors. It was a tough day, too, and included an impromptu trip to Home Depot in the shop truck. I changed later because my toes got cold and I do have a bit of a leg ache which I believe stems from the lack of arch support but these are minor complaints and absolutely NO BLISTERS.

Victory is sweet.

2 comments:

  1. cool blog! i have a pair of sandels similar to that, and i Love them--dressy enough for the office, simple enough to wear just about anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've only gotten a chance to wear them once so far but I am definitely looking forward to getting my whole $15 worth.

    ReplyDelete