Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Purse

I planned to do a post on Spring purses in a few weeks when I save up money to buy one. You see my old summer bag died a natural but tragic death in September. I created a little inspiration sheet on Polyvore. I thought I'd pick up a purse at a thrift store and compare it to my inspiration sheet. I did a similar thing with sandals, which you can expect by Monday.

But then the skies opened up and Preppy with a Twist entered my life with a Talbot's bag giveaway. It's gorgeous and perfect for what I need. So I'm doing my "purse post" now.

I currently have a knockoff Prada I got on the streets of Athens, Greece. Similar to this:



It cost approximately the equivalent on $25 and has paid for itself five times over. It has a nice should strap that has a little snap to keep the straps together on your shoulder. It's shaped in such a way that it fits a ton but comes to a close at the top. That way I can load it full of all my "essentials" and it will still fit comfortably under my arm. I know nothing about music but this purse could inspire me to write the most beautiful symphony imaginable. The only problem is that it's black. Not very summery.

If I can't find it's equal in a summery purse I will stick to my "Prado" and tie a colorful scarf around the handle because here's the thing, every woman says this, but my purse IS my life. I have tried carrying different bags for different purposes. A small one for going out. A laptop bag for work. A backpack for romping around the city. Inevitably something will not make it into the other bag. I have found the best thing for me is keep everything in one place, carry a big purse, and see the chiropractor regularly.

Per the instructions of this giveaway, I will now reveal to you beautiful people the contents of my purse. I'm in technical rehearsals, which means working 15 hour days and not staying organized, so this should be interesting. I wish I could offer some pictures but I just found out about this giveaway and I'm at the tech table while we do an invited dress rehearsal. Stand by why I attempt to shuffle and unpack as quietly and discreetly as possible.

In section 1:
A "thank you" card from my boss
A small plastic baggie of pretzel sticks
A pen
A spoon

In the center section (aka the largest):
Wallet
Small zipper pouch with chapstick and emergency money
Large zipper pouch with
- 3 different lipsticks
- 2 chapsticks
- a pocket Rosary
- tissues
- a compact
- small pill container with mostly ibuprofen
Camera
Business card case
Sunglasses (I should really get a case for those)
Cough drops
A head band
An Ez Comb

Section 2:
Small thing of contact solution
Contact case
Grocery store gift card
iPod touch
Headphones
Mini flashlight

Where are my keys?

Now those of you reading this no longer have time to enter as I only have...AH! 20 minutes, but you should still absolutely read this blog. I just started recently but I'm hooked. This chic is awesome.

For what it's worth, here is my "inspiration sheet" for spring purses and I will let you know how things turn out.

1 comment:

  1. So THAT'S what you were doing when I was sitting next to you. Ah.

    ReplyDelete