Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Magic Box

That is what I will name my tech kit for when I'm working on shows. As a designer or an assistant there are a lot of things you want to have on hand. Usually it is the assistant's responsibility to make sure this stuff is on hand. Maybe each theatre also makes sure they have a lighting tech box. I, though, will be creating my own that will accompany me everywhere. It will perfect. It will be like Mary Poppin's suitcase. "Oh you have some food stuck in your teeth? Do you prefer plain or mint floss?" Maybe not that far. Here is the list of things it needs to contain:

Pencils
Red pencils
Highlighters
Various sized Sharpies
Scissors
Scotch Tape
Masking Tape
Swatch books: GAM, Roscolux, Lee, Apollo
Erasers
Flash Drive
Kleenex
Mints/Gum
Emergency Money
Post-Its

The really fun part will be picking out the physical box for my "Magic Box". Here are my thoughts:



I like the toolboxes because they'll have more than enough room.

The cosmetic cases have happy little cubbies. I love my cubbies.

The lunch boxes are just SO MUCH FUN! The black on with the feet is actually a "decorate your own" kind. The kit comes with paint and you make it yourself. Heheheh!

So, if you have an opinion I'd appreciate. You know, all two of my readers (Hi Little Red. Hi Aurora.)

2 comments:

  1. Tess, thank you so much for your sweet comment about the Inspiration Calendars. It does take some time, but I am getting the process down to a science now. The April Calendar should be up this weekend. Also, keep in mind if you ever see an outfit you would like to see included in a future calendar feel free to email it to me!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're willing to shell out a little more, you can get some seriously fabulous tool boxes out there. Trouble is they already come with stuff in them. Might be better off with the cosmetics cases, if only for the compartments.

    Man, why don't I have a cosmetics case? I have big stacking plastic drawers. A case would greatly improve my ability to find brushes.

    ReplyDelete