Monday, April 26, 2010

E'erybody in the club gettin' CRAFTY

I've been a little down lately. Basically I've been stressed about getting enough work, which so far is not a problem, and now I feel like I let other things slip through the cracks. Things like a social life and the chance at romance. I know that I have a social life and I will not die alone. I think I was just stuck in my head too much. So I decided to be busy. I took old jeans and turned them into a lot of new things. There may even be more to come. 




First up is a wristlet made out of pockets to store my essentials such as cell phone, ipod, and keys. You may remember my post about my overflowing purse. This is something I'm trying in an attempt to save my back. I figure this little guy can tuck right back in my purse but I can use it while running around. 

These jeans are actually threecycled. I cut them off and turned them into bermudas first, which were great last summer but I've come to the conclusion that I don't look good in that style. Here is the site I used to create this awesome mini purse. 




Next came a skirt out of old work jeans that were wearing thin in some places. I used this site for this project. 




It still needs to be washed so that the bottom will fray a bit. It can be hemmed but I don't think I have that skill. It would be crooked and awkward so, it will be frayed instead.

Lastly I took the leg off of the skirt I made, sewed the bottom up real quick, threaded an old shoelace through the top, and now have a hanging bag for all of the plastic bags I accumulate. 




So that has kept me busy and a bit out of my head. For one day at least. Tomorrow I'm going to try to make this 5-minute skirt. We have a big tub of fabric leftover from projects downstairs so I'll see if I have enough. I think I'll need to buy some fold-over elastic or enough elastic to circle my waist but other than that all of this has been FREE! Mostly because my mother, my sister, and I have accumulated thread and needles, etc, and we have my mom's sewing machine. Still I bet it would be cheap for you, too.

I'll keep you posted about the skirt. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment