Friday, April 2, 2010

No Reason Presents

I shall now reveal the oh-so-secret identities of a few of my friends. Aurora is none other than Laura of Ruby Bastille and Little Red is Jessica of Saturday Jane. They are two of my best friends. We were roommates through most of college and not seeing them on a daily basis means that I'm learning all sorts of coping skills I never needed because I relied on them. They are writers in a way I will never be (if you couldn't tell already) and my main source of inspiration for joining the blogging community. After they started their endeavors I followed all of their links and discovered this wonderful community and thought "I want to be just like them." So I'm giving it a go.

You really didn't need that background for the purpose of that post but I'm a rambler. What can I say?

The purpose of this post is to discuss one of the greatest ideas ever. Saturday Jane, Ruby Bastille, and I decided to give ourselves a budget of $5 and buy each other accessories, then we would all swap. So I got to spend some time digging through a bargain bin of cute jewelry while channeling my friend's styles and now I get two presents.

I will now recount what I bought and why.

For Ruby Bastille:



Laura generally has a very classic and elegant style. I immediately started picturing Victorian inspired jewelry. This seems to be in a similar realm but perhaps just a little outside her comfort zone, which I think is kind of part of the goal.

For Saturday Jane:



I've seen jessica wear similar styles before. Bold beaded necklaces. Some of them she got from her grandmother who, from what I understand, had a pretty bold style herself. The ones I've seen her wear though are usually in neutrals. The pink in this is perfect for her coloring so although it may be brighter than she's used to, it'll look perfect on her.

Now that they've received their gifts I can post this and then I'll let you know how I make use of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment