Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Gala

Two posts in one night? What! Yes it's true. Here's the deal: I've had two back to back shows at the theatre where my internship is. Even though I don't have as large of a role in the show that we're doing now, the hours are still getting to me. I didn't really get time to catch up after our last show, on which I did have a larger role. On top of that I've gotten two jobs since the start of the second show one of which has the potential to be long term situation. One is as the lighting designer for a high school production of My Fair Lady and I've been starting work on that now kind of splitting my time between the city and the suburbs. Anyway, the point of this explanation is that my blog is suffering and will probably continue to suffer. On the one hand it's great that I have work lined up. It brings me peace of mind. But I don't have much time for this wonderful creative outlet I've found. I have post ideas piling up in my head. I had a couple of hours tonight so I decided to take advantage of it.

Now on to the true purpose of this post. The theatre is having it's huge spring gala at the end of April. It's the kind of event where patrons pay $350 per plate and then are expected to spend more money on the auction. It's actually being held at the theatre. The guests are dining on the stage. It's pretty cool. I will be helping out in whatever way I can, which will require a dress. The invitations describe the dress as "black tie optional". Staff is encouraged to dress "springy". Colorful. Not too formal. Maybe more like what you would wear to a nice spring wedding.

I have every intention of hitting up Ross but I thought I'd do a Polyvore of some things that struck my fancy.



I don't think I look very good in long dresses but length does add formality. I love the ruffly spring look as long as it looks formal enough. The knee length seems to be the perfect combination. We'll have to see what I can find.