Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beauty Icons

I decided to try a little exercise to help solidify my "look" in terms of hair and makeup. I think many people would shy away from having a specific "look" because it limits creativity but I'm craving a sort of beauty "home" of sorts. Some basic steps for day looks, evening looks, professional looks, etc. So I chose 5 woman that I consider beauty icons and charted certain characteristics in their hair and makeup.

#1 Catherine Zeta Jones


# 2 Vivien Leigh




#3 Audrey Hepburn (who doesn't have her on their list?)




#4 Dita Von Teese





#5 Camilla Belle (I don't know much about her but I saw this picture when I was trying hairstyles on style.com and it stuck with me.)




Here's my chart (I had to make it small so it would fit. I hope you can read it):




So it looks like some basics for me are:

- blush with a shimmer for dewy skin
- line only the upper lid and use mascara
- peachy lipstick for day wear then go bold at night
- shoulder length hair with curls

The details are things I can play with to make it my personal style. 

Your turn! Who are your icons and how can you channel them in day to day life?



No comments:

Post a Comment